No one likes to talk about PMS, and that is probably why so many women suffer in secrecy with the symptoms, hormonal changes, and pains associated with PMS every month.
Yet as women know all too well, complexion imperfections, blotchiness, and fatigue and skin tone unevenness are just some of the skin challenges associated with ‘PMS.
PMS not only causes mood changes, irritability, anger etc., it can also lead to skin issues. The symptoms of PMS sometimes, show up on the face in the form of pimples, blotchy skin, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, cystic acne, and so on, but women usually ignore such ‘PMS skin’ issues.
Some use makeup to cover these issues, but cosmetics can even worsen the problem. Many makeup products are comedogenic and clog up the pores further.
What Is Borba Skin Care?
Borba skin care products founder is Scott-Vincent Borba-leading celebrity skincare guru, and this skincare product line is readily available at leading drug stores.
Borba PMS rescue system includes a powerful 7-day treatment for morning and evening. The morning products contain SPF 40+, with a good presence of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which help prevent sunburn and blotchiness.
The night cream rejuvenates, retightens and re-nourishes the face from damage done during the day. One must apply the morning and evening products for 7 consecutive days and nights.
Within this time, the product claims to restore the texture of your skin and give it a healthy, natural glow.
Treatments are so powerful and are individually sealed in airtight ampoules for freshness and purity. During PMS week, apply a dose of A.M. SPF 40+ Treatment every morning for 7 consecutive days to calm, balance, and protect your skin.
Subsequently, apply a dose of the P.M. Treatment every evening for 7 consecutive nights to rejuvenate, retighten, and nourish and make a clear facial skin.
The AM product, as stated before, in addition to containing natural sunscreens, also contains extracts of berries like bilberry and strawberries as well as hyaluronic acid.
The PM product contains salicylic acid along with plenty of vitamins. Additionally, ingredients like soy, coffee seed extracts, wolfberry, murumuru, Camu Camu etc can also be found.
Borba PMS Rescue Pros and Cons
- Borba PMS rescue contains super fruits that help defend the skin cells against free radical damage.
- The internal rescue remedy replenishes vitamins and other nutrients that we lose on a daily basis, many of which play an important role in preventing a hormonal imbalance that causes PMS.
- The day cream has SPF 40+ which acts as a sunscreen and prevents sun damage in the form of wrinkles, age spots, blemishes, and blotchiness.
- The P.M cream penetrates the skin deeply to restore collagen and elastin layers.
- The products are moderately priced, and it is one kind of a skin care line dedicated to women suffering from PMS.
- At the time of writing this review, there are yet to be any reviews, on top retailers like Amazon for Borba PMS skin rescue 7-day treatment system.
Borba PMS Rescue Crystals
Borba also makes Rescue beverage crystals, which contains tons of vitamins that women may take in the week leading up to their menstrual cycle. Unfortunately, some users have complained about its taste, and some even felt that the product made them nauseated.
However, the company claims that taking Borba rescue crystals can give you a crystal clear complexion.
Side Effects & Adverse Reactions
- For external use only
- When using this product keep out of eyes, and immediately rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and consult a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts
- Keep out of reach of children, and get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away if swallowed.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation lasts