The best seat cushion for back pain relief can be used wherever and whenever you want to sit, and you can even carry them in the car, to outdoor events and use it in the office as well.
A seat cushion is a perfect instrument to keep your back safe, pain-free and healthy.
This device promotes overall back health while helping you to maintain proper posture with support for the lower back.
Using a seat cushion is the easiest as well as the most affordable way to relieve back pain and keep it in a good state.
According to information published by the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, sitting for extended periods of time each day, especially those periods of time that exceed six hours, can be responsible for shaving around seven years off the average lifespan.
This can directly contribute to certain types of cancer and increases the risk of heart disease by up to sixty-four percent or more.
Everlasting Comfort Seat Cushion for Office Chair - Tailbone Pain Relief Cushion - Coccyx Cushion - Sciatica Pillow for Sitting (Black)
$32.95 in stock
8 used from $24.07
- SEAT CUSHION FOR TAILBONE PAIN - Made with pure memory foam with no additives. Can be used to improve bad posture and relieve leg pain while driving or sitting for long periods.
- HEAT RESPONSIVE OFFICE SEAT CUSHION - The advanced memory foam coccyx seat cushion responds to the heat of your body to mold perfectly to the shape of your bottom.
- ORTHOPEDIC SEAT CUSHION - We use a U shaped ergonomic design recommended by orthopedic surgeons and medical doctors across the globe for treatment of chronic or acute pain by alleviating pressure in strategic areas.
- VERSATILE WORK FROM HOME ACCESSORIES - Perfect stay-at-home desk chair seat cushion for pressure relief from long sitting and lower back & tailbone pain. Home office accessories are essential for max comfort to enable you to be efficient & relaxed.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - If anything goes wrong, we've got your back, or shall we say...butt. NOTE: Our seat pad is designed to help relieve aches and pains but with some people it will not completely eliminate all symptoms. CAUTION: Non-slip rubber bottom may stain light colored leather/vinyl. Before use, wash cover in soap and hot water. Once the cover is dry, test for color fastness with a towel and hot water.
The dangers and damage of bad sitting postures
Sitting is going to start destroying your body almost from the moment that you park your backside in a chair or on the couch, because, immediately after sitting down, electrical activities throughout your body slows to a crawl, and your metabolism begins to drop to a hazardously low level.
This can lead to a forty percent uptake in insulin, contributing directly to type II diabetes in adults, and that is just the beginning.
Over time, things get even worse, and after just a week or so of sitting for longer than six hours a day, your body begins to increase the production of fat molecules and negative cholesterol in the body and at the same time developing a tremendous resistance to all of the insulin that has been flooding your body.
This increases your body fat level, causing you to gain fat in a hurry, and your muscles begin to atrophy out, oxygenation slows down, and the feeling of aging sets in. All this is only after a week, can you imagine what happens to you over a year period?
Why You Should Use a Seat Cushion
A seat cushion is not only useful for older people who have problems with back pain. Studies have shown that more and more people are getting the same condition even earlier in their lives.
When your work involves sitting down for an elongated period of time, you are going to experience strain on your spine, and you will start to experience back pain.
Using an orthopedic seat cushion offers several benefits including:
- Reduces Strain on the Back: Most seat cushions provide an excellent level of back support, which takes the pressure off your back.
- Reduces Strain on the Tailbone: While back pain is typically part of it, the pressure placed on the tailbone is more pronounced, because the weight of the body is applied through the tailbone.
- Reduces Pain in the Buttocks: Buttocks pain is often overlooked, but can still cause significant damage over time if it is not corrected.
- Promotes Quality of Life: for those of us that can avoid straining our body too much when we are still young, we will not only promote quality of life at present but also when we get older.
- Sitting too much does cause health problems, and while your work may involve sitting too much, you can still lessen the risk of developing health problems associated with sitting too much with the use of a good seat cushion.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Seat Cushion for your Back Pain
Seat Cushion Materials:
An important factor to consider is the material that the seat cushion is made. Some seat cushions are made from foam (Polyurethane foam or nylon foam pads), which eases pressure on the back.
There are also seat cushions that are made of memory foam, which is unique as it memorizes the shape of the body and conforms to the form of your buttocks for pain relief and maximum comfort.
Finally, some seat cushions are made of gel or a unique copolymer, which helps provide support and eliminates painful pressure points.
Seat Cushion Shape and Design
Seat cushions also come in various shapes and sizes and include
Wedge-shaped: You can find seat cushions that are wedge-shaped. This type of seat cushion is portable, and you can use them at home, in your office or while traveling. It prevents slumping.
Chair seat cushions: Chair seat cushions are also available, and are straightforward, efficient and keeps your hips elevated, ensuring that you maintain the correct backpressure. It also reduces pressure on the tailbone.
Lumbar seat cushion: Another type of seat cushion is the lumbar seat cushion which provides good support to the lower back and keeps your back stable to prevent back pain and poor postural alignment.
Back support cushion: This kind of seat cushion can help build spinal strength while you are sitting down, helping to provide support to the entire back, including the tailbone and the lumbar region.
There are also other factors that you may want to consider before purchasing a seat cushion. Such factors like removable covers for easy cleaning and maintenance, built-in heating to soothe your aching muscles, and massage functions to help relieve tension and sore muscles.
Finally, it is recommended that you get your hands on a quality orthopedic seat cushion to lessen the damage that sitting for extended periods of time is going to have on your body.
Commit to standing for 10 or 15 minutes every single hour, and begin to exercise for about 30 minutes each day.
These minor lifestyle changes will have a dramatic and almost immediate impact on your overall health and well-being.