Neck pain is an obstacle to daily life, it prevents you from carrying out your normal activities, and that is why Neck Massage can be a vital treatment to improve the neck pain condition.
Things to Keep in Mind Before A Neck Massage
Expert level neck massage therapy is a result of years of practice. But you can find some simple and easy technique which can help you to conduct a neck massage and if the person who wants the neck massage has much pain or has overcome a recent injury to the shoulder or the neck area, it is not safe to massage the neck.
The Massage should be comfortable for the person. The bones of the neck and shoulder are very much pain sensitive, so try keeping your hands away from the bony areas.
Useful Neck Massage Tips
By knowing this useful neck massage techniques, you can easily massage your neck or others neck.
- Stand behind the person and keep your forearms on the shoulders close to the neck.
- Keep the palms down to lie the fleshy part of the forearm on the muscles.
- Then keep your weight fall down on the shoulders of the seat.
- Do not push them and also don’t lean on his head.
- Slowly move the arm down the shoulders one inch.
- Then keep the weight through your arms again.
- You can repeat for several times.
When you feel the bony part under your forearms, stop the process. It is a simple technique but brings good feelings.
- Go to the side of the person.
- Then use your fingers to tip the shoulders (If you feel the shoulder parts bony, move the fingers towards the neck until you find the soft muscles.)
- Then keep your thumbs on the neck and shoulder’s joint part and Put your one thumb on the other top to reinforce.
- Press your thumbs to straight down. Press on the shoulder muscles again and slowly press down and hold the muscles with the thumbs for a few seconds and slowly release the pressure.
- Keep one thumb widely on the shoulder and move it towards the neck and Repeat it to five or six compressions before reaching the neck.
- After reaching the neck, take your thumbs back the starting point and repeat the same compressions to the same points.
- Then go to the other side of the person and repeat the process on the other shoulder.
- Stand the back side of the person and make a C-shape with your hand.
- Then drape this C-shaped hand over the backside of the neck.
- Press the hand gently with the fingers and thumbs and Make a large circle with the hand (The movement is as like as picking a cat up and back of the neck.)
- Repeat the process again and again on the whole length of the neck, but be careful with the skin and do not pinch the neck skin.
This technique is known as the C-scoop.
- Go back to the person and make cup your hand on the base of the skull.
- Keep one hand on the person’s forehead so that you can make a support of the head.
- Keep moving your fingers in a little circular motion and press onto the skull.
- Move the hair with the fingers close to the center and Repeat the kneading action (Do it several times.)
Benefits of Neck Massage
- It will take a less time but very much beneficial for your health.
- It is not only a therapy for pain and stress but also reliefs your shoulder, head, and back.
- Neck massage gives energy to the muscles and helps to expand them.
- The blood circulation of the brain gets improved by the neck massage.
- Relaxing your body and mind, neck massage keeps you healthy and happy.
The tightness of the neck can cause an obstacle of the fluid circulation of the brain which causes headaches. Neck massage helps in improving blood circulation and also relieves the stiffness. So, to practice neck massage for yourself or your partner, you must know these methods.
Massaging your neck in the wrong way can cause some serious problems to your shoulder, back, and neck. So, always be careful and do not try to neck massage anybody if you do not know how to do it.