Natural health experts believe that detoxification methods can help boost weight loss.
Modern society overwhelms the body with toxins, and these toxic overload makes it difficult for all body systems to work properly, and as a result, you might suffer from its side effects such as fatigue, headaches and weight gain.
Detoxification involves various processes that helps to remove the toxic quality of compounds and to move them out from your body.
Thus, Detox cleanse is recommended to people who need a boost in weight loss, and who want to cleanse their bodies, in order to general just feel better.
Methods of Detox
Detoxification methods includes:
Fasting for Detox: In the strict dietary sense, fasting is the complete abstinence from all substances except pure water, in an environment of total rest.
Juicing: Juicing requires using a juicer to help obtain the nutrient benefits of vegetables and fruits.
Fibres – Increment in consumption of fibrous foods such as vegetables, fruits, cereals, nuts and seeds can also be part of a detox diet.
Exercise – This is also considered a detoxification method since exercise increases blood circulation and helps to release toxins through sweat. Holistic at-home detox treatments include saunas and hot baths.
Detox and Weight Loss
Losing weight without detoxification might be counterproductive, because when you lose weight, your body releases toxins that are stored in fat.
Making detoxification essential when you’re trying to lose weight is very much advised. Also, detoxification process tend to reduce your exposure to foods that contain chemicals that disrupt hormonal activity and metabolism in your body.
Studies have investigated various components of detoxification and had shown to be beneficial on various aspects of weight loss.
Detox diet ingredients such as fiber etc., help lower cholesterol level in the body. Also, some researchers suggested and concluded that a higher intake of fiber, especially cereal fiber, can be beneficial in preventing gains in body weight and waist circumference in a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Identification of the Best Detox Cleanse System
A good detox cleanse system should fulfill the following:
- Rest the organs through planned fasting
- Replenishes the body with healthy nutrients.
- Promotes the elimination of bye products through the intestines, kidneys and skin
- Stimulates the liver to drive toxins out from the body
- Improves the circulation of the blood; and
Foods to Include In a Detox Diet Plan
- Fruit – the detox plan should include fresh, frozen, or dried fruits. This fruits includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, star fruit, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons etc.
- Fruit juice – also, including fruit juice in the plan is a smart move. Either make homemade fruit juices or smoothies from fresh fruit, or buy natural ready-made juices, ensuring that the ready-made juices are labelled as being pure.
- Vegetables – consume any vegetables (fresh, frozen or canned in water) as much as available. Vegetables in this sense includes carrots, tomatoes, onions, turnip, peppers, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, cucumber, spring onions etc.
- Beans and lentils – eat any available beans. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green and brown lentils
- All types of Potatoes
- Brown rice and rice noodles
- Rye crackers, rice cakes and oatcakes
- Fresh fish – including cod, plaice, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawns, Dover sole, red mullet, etc. Canned fish is also suitable.
- Unsalted nuts – eat any nut that is not salted. It includes Brazil, peanuts, almonds, cashew, hazel nuts, macadamia, pecans, pine nuts, pistachio, walnuts etc.
- Unsalted seeds – eat any unsalted seeds too, including sunflower and pumpkin.
- Natural yoghurt
- Virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic and ginger
- Fresh herbs
- Water (at least 2 liters a day).
- Herbal and fruit teas
Foods to Avoid During Your Detox Period
- Red meat, chicken, and turkey
- meat products like sausages, burgers, and pate
- Milk, cheese, eggs, cream
- Butter and margarine
- Any wheat containing foods, including bread, cakes, biscuits, pies, etc
- Crisps and savory snacks
- salted nuts
- Chocolate, sweets, jam and sugar
- Processed foods, including ready meals, ready-made sauces and takeaways
- Coffee and ordinary tea
- Fizzy drinks and squashes.
Make These Detox Drinks At Home for Weight Loss and Cleansing
Cucumber and Grape Fruit Detox Water
You will need a cucumber and a medium size grapefruit, a sliced lemon and couple of mint leaves in order to make this drink.
Chop or slice all the ingredients and simply allow to settle for some time before serving. Observing this practice about five times a day, can free you from all the toxins from your body and also help you to lose some weight
Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
This water is not only delicious but also soothes your body. This mixture is also great for slimming because cinnamon helps to boost your metabolism.
Take a liter filled with water and add thin slices of apple and a cinnamon stick or powder. It is best to allow the ingredients stay and settle in the water for at least an hour before serving.
More detox water can be made three to four times using the same apples and cinnamon sticks.
Cucumber and Lemon Detox Water
This particular detox water is best for boosting immunity and cleansing out toxins from the body system. Cucumber is anti-inflammatory in action, and helps to keep the body hydrated.
A sliced cucumber, lemon and some mint leaves, with around 8 cups of water is needed to make this drink. Mix all ingredients in a large pitcher and allow to settle in the fridge overnight.
This detox drink not only tastes good but offers many other benefits as well.
Ginger and Lemon Detox Water
Ginger is quite effective as a natural pain killer. In order to make this detox water, you will need about a liter of water, a sliced lemon, grated ginger and some squeezed lemon juice as well.
This drink will not only work as a natural painkiller but will also help you flush out all the toxins from your body, especially if you drink in the morning
Apple Cider Calorie Burning Detox Water
Apple cider vinegar is the main ingredient in this drink. A sliced apple, 2 spoons of cider vinegar, 1 spoon of fresh lemon juice, mixed well is all it takes.
You can put the mixture in a blender without apples and blend about few seconds, then add apples after to ready your drink.
- If you have a medical condition, it is advised that you do not make any dietary changes without first consulting your doctor.
- Be aware that detoxification methods can cause some side effects such as headaches, dehydration, fatigue and insomnia.
- It is also recommended that before going on any detox weight lossregimen, do a proper detox and cleansing.
In conclusion, taking a mixture of Honey and cinnamon, right when you wake up and about 30 minutes before having your breakfast meal, has been shown to help rev up your digestive system, enhancing your metabolism and energy level through lunch.
Making better food choices is necessary when attempting weight loss, and a mixture of cinnamon and honey can help you achieve that.
The time between dinner and sleep can be the hardest to get through when you are trying to lose weight, and it has been observed that mixture of honey and cinnamon will act on your digestive system, helping it as it resets itself during the night.