Dermaroller treatment for acne and acne scars is a type of Microneedling treatment that has been proven to work on acne scar tissue, and can also improve overall skin tone and texture.
A Dermaroller or other micro-needling treatment can improve the appearance of shallow, diffuse acne scarring as well as improve all-over skin tone and texture. However, for very deep acne scars, combining micro needling with another treatment such as dermal fillers, laser resurfacing or scar treatment, is recommended.
Dermaroller for acne scars treatment, as a microneedle therapy, can help reduce pimples, zits, and their subsequent scarring.
What Is a Dermaroller?
Dermaroller is a medical device that is applied during micro needling for breaking down the scarred tissues. It is a cylindrically shaped drum having sharp and fine needles around the top that helps to stimulate the skin cells to proliferate. The application of Dermaroller leads to the formation of new cell layers of collagen and elastin fibers due to an improved blood supply.
The method used here is known as Neo-Collagenesis and the improvement in the blood circulation through this method is known as neo-angiogenesis.
Dermaroller acne treatment is proven to boost collagen and elastin formation by improving the blood supply and is developed on the principles of neo-Collagenesis and neo-angiogenesis, both of which enable the skin to better absorb acne skin care products used after application. In places like offices, Dermaroller for acne treatment is usually done under local anesthesia and makes use of 0.5 to 1.5 mm needles depending on the patient’s needs.
Dermaroller acne treatment can even be comfortably done at home, and many women use it not just for healing their acne and acne scars, but also for treating wrinkles, stretch marks, and skin pigmentation.
Dermaroller works effectively to improve the thickness of the epidermis, and an improved skin texture helps in turn to reduce wrinkles. The treatment is quite powerful to prevent hyper-pigmentation of the skin, which often leads to scarring due to acne, and the application of this medical instrument triggers the scars successfully while stimulating new collagen fibers. Then, an improved blood circulation helps to harmonize skin pigmentation.
Dermaroller is completely safe on skin, as it does not apply thermal heat, unlike the laser therapy, making it safe for all skin types. The chance of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is almost zero in Dermaroller acne treatment.
Advantages of Dermarolling:
Dermaroller acne treatment has very less or no side effect, and anyone with the problem of acne scars can opt for this treatment without the fear of any infection or post-treatment hyper-pigmentation. Here are some of the advantages of derma rolling.
- Dermarolling treatment can be undertaken at home. However, it is always advisable to consult an expert, before opting for the treatment at home.
- Dermaroller acne treatment is not time-consuming and finishes fast with the vividly effective result.
- Dermarolling is not harmful to the skin and does not damage the skin in any manner.
- In addition to the face, any part of the body can be treated well with Dermaroller.
- People of all skin types can opt for Dermarolling treatment without fear of any skin health risk.
- Dermaroller is not an expensive device, and the cost of treatment is much less when compared to other expensive treatments available for treating acne scars.
- Dermarolling is also a fine method for tightening the skin that has lost its elasticity due to blemishes, acne, etc.
- Dermaroller also has effective result in lightening the skin tone, as it removes acne scars.
- Dermaroller acts as a base product that helps to increase the success of other skin products.
Contraindications of Dermaroller Acne Treatment
Avoid Dermaroller if you are suffering from any of the following skin conditions:
- Open skin wounds
- Eczema or allergic dermatitis
- Chronic skin eruptions
- Open or popped zits
Dermapen is a type of Dermaroller. It is of course used in acne treatment and is available online and offline for home use. You can safely use Dermapen treatment at home, but it is best to consult an expert before you do so.
Most reviewers suggest that any kind of micro needling requires multiple sessions and probably works only on the superficial acne scarring, and some dermatologists are known to recommend dermabrasion using Dermarollers to patients with dark skin and acne issues.
As mentioned earlier, for very deep scar tissues, other methods like punch excision must be used alongside the Dermaroller acne treatment.