The thyroid gland is an endocrine butterfly-shaped gland that is located at the base of the neck, below the Adam’s apple. It is an extremely important gland.
The thyroid gland releases two hormones which have a big influence on the entire body metabolism. The endocrine thyroid gland produces thyroxin and triiodothyronine, both of which affect the entire metabolism.
The thyroid gland releases thyroxin. Thyroxin affects almost all of the body systems, as well as triiodothyronine, which affects the physiological process like growth, heart rate, body temperature, and metabolism in the body.
Types of Thyroid Disorders
There are two types of thyroid disorders and they are:
- Hyperthyroidism: This is one type of thyroid disorder, and is characterized by the condition where the thyroid gland is overactive thereby, leading to an excessive quantity of thyroid hormones in the body. The following conditions mentioned below are some common symptoms of hyperthyroidism:
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Tiredness and Fatigue
- Increased heart beat rate
- Changed bowel habits
- Menstrual issues
- Weight loss
- Sensitivity to heat
- Excess sweating
- Difficulty in concentration and Racing thoughts
Hypothyroidism: This is the second type of thyroid disorder and is the opposite of hyperthyroidism. It is the condition where the function of the thyroid gland is low, resulting in shortage of thyroid hormone in the body. Below are some common signs of this condition:
- Swelling in the front part of the neck Fatigue
- Brittle nails
- Muscle cramps
- Gaining of weight
- Dry hair
- Dry skin
- Low menstrual flow
- In some cases, a lump may develop in the neck region
There is an effective natural remedy that has the ability to regulate the function of the thyroid and keep its activity and function enhanced and operating at optimal level. It has been found that one of the main causes for improper thyroid function is lack of iodine. With that being the case for most thyroid disorder, this remedy can be of great assistance for you.
- 2 oz of organic honey
- 40 pieces of young green walnuts
- Clean up the walnuts
- Then dry them
- Use a needle to prick them.
- After that, put them in a jar, and fill it up with the organic honey.
- Now, leave the jar to stand for 40 days at a place where it is exposed to sunlight.
- After 40 days, store the mixture in a glass bottle.
Take 2 tablespoons of this remedy in the morning and at night.