One of the best methods to lose a few pounds is exercising with a resistance band, and if you have never tried it before now is the time to do it, as it is fun and extremely good for the body.
Furthermore, they are affordable pieces of equipment that do not occupy any extra space.
Resistance bands are one of the best pieces of workout equipment around, and they are inexpensive, easy to use, and highly effective.
With the resistant band, you can get a total body workout that is unmatched.
Form and tempo are fundamental with resistance bands to enhance the fat burning techniques, so make sure that you’re not in a hurry and use proper technique in order to get the best workout from these pieces of equipment.
Resistance band fat burning is effective because it gets your heart rate up while also providing resistance training to your muscles.
Benefits of Resistance Band Training
- All Levels of training are Welcome, being that the band’s intensity is based on its thickness. So, if you want to work harder, grab a thicker band, and beginners should grab a thin one. Most resistance band brands offer 4-5 levels of thickness.
- Dynamic: most workout equipment like the dumbbells work, but after a while, your body adapts to the same moves over and over. Thus, it’s good to switch it up, and the band gives you options to move your joints in different ways.
- Light and Portable: you can throw them in your gym bag, carry them to a friend’s, or slide them into your suitcase when you travel without any inconvenience. The band allows you to strength train any anywhere, at any point in time.
- Cheap and Affordable: the bands are cheap since most bands will cost you $20 or less. you can get them almost
5 Exercises to Burn Fat with Resistance Bands
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Equipment Needed: Resistance Band, interval timer
Instructions: Perform each exercise for 45 seconds, and then rest 15 seconds. Endeavor to complete 3 circuits, resting 30 seconds between circuits, and perform this workout 3 times weekly on nonconsecutive days for best results.
Although this exercise seems very easy to perform at first, you will find it a bit more difficult after 20 repetitions.
- Take a standing position with one leg in front of the other and the back heel lifted off the ground.
- Do a lunge and turn your body to the opposite side.
- Hold the resistance band and stretch it when doing the lunge.
- Go back to the initial position and repeat the same movements by bringing the other leg in front.
- Stand with your legs closed and hold your arms up in the air, holding the resistance band stretched in your hands, parallel to the ground.
- Step to the right side and bend your knees in order to reach a pile pose, which is just like a lateral squat, and at the same time, bring your arms in front of your chest and stretch the band as wide as possible.
- Go back to the initial position and repeat 15 times.
This is the perfect exercise if you want to lose weight on the upper side of your body. What you need to do to perform this exercise is to:
- take your normal push-up position and wrap your back with the band, placing its ends underneath your hands.
- Then you can start doing some real push-ups that will help you burn the unwanted fat
Squat to Lateral Leg Lifts (20 reps)
- Place the band just above your knees, and stand with your feet hip-width apart, with your hands on your chest or on your hips.
- Bend your knees and push your butt back to lower into a squat, then stand back up and lift your right leg out to the side, keeping your knee straight.
- Return your right leg to the floor, and squat again. This time when you stand back up, lift your left leg out to the side, keeping your knee straight.
- Return your left leg to the floor, and that’s 1 rep. Perform 20 reps, alternating sides.
Tip: Keep your core engaged and make sure your chest is lifted and that you’re not rounding or arching your back.
Squat and Press
This exercise is exactly like the one above, with the difference this time being that your arms must go entirely up in the air when getting back to the standing position.
As such, keep your hands at the shoulders’ level when squatting and bring them overhead when rising.
A resistance band is one of the most inexpensive, convenient pieces of workout equipment you can own, and you can even get a pack of multiple online for $10 or less.
They take up essentially no space and are perfect for anyone whose gym is the little space between their sofa and TV.