Adult acne foe oily skin affects both men and women. It does not matter if you have dry, oily or combination skin. Dealing with acne does not get any easier with age, because, many of us are still battling stubborn breakouts caused by any number of factors from hormones, to diet, to dirty makeup brushes. Finding the right way to get rid of the acne is almost as frustrating as the actual pimples themselves.
Some Causes Of Acne
- Changes in hormone levels,
- new medication or cosmetics,
- hormone-related illnesses like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- birth control,
- corticosteroids and
- Change in diet or environment.
The important thing in preventing adult acne is developing a systematic skin care regimen, and that is very important in case of oily skin acne.
Top Home Remedies For Adult Acne For Oily Skin
- Mix a teaspoon of honey to a cup of boiled oatmeal and add a tablespoon of lemon juice. Use it as a facemask to cover your face and neck regions. Then, wash off with lukewarm water after half an hour or so.
- Use water-based moisturizers. Use it with natural ingredients instead of oil-based ones, and try to avoid chemical ingredients as much as possible because they tend to irritate the skin and trigger excess sebum production.
- Acne can cause considerable pain and burn, while its scars can take a long time to heal completely. Sunburn can further lead to itching and irritation. So, ensure to always use a good sunscreen while going out in the sun, and if you already have acne on your back, face, and neck, wear a hat and avoid sundresses.
- Make a paste of one teaspoon of turmeric, in a good quantity of coconut oil and apply all over face, neck, and other areas where acne outbreak is common. Both turmeric and coconut oil have proven antibacterial properties. Coconut oil helps moisturize without irritating the skin, and it also helps reduce the itching and burning caused by sunburn.
- Cleanse your skin but do not dry it out, and you can use tomato juice for cleansing your skin. Tomato juice not only cleanses and moisturizes your skin but also gives it a soft glow and tightens the pores. Cut a medium sized tomato in half and apply the juice all over your face and neck, then wait for 10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel and repeat with the other half of the tomato after 6 hours.
- It is better to get rid of blackheads before they turn into pimples and acne. A little amount of white toothpaste, applied all over the blackhead, could do the trick. You could mix a pinch of salt with the toothpaste to act as a mild scrub, and leave for 10 minutes. Then, wash away with lukewarm water. Do this to get rid of the blackheads so you don’t have to squeeze them out.
- Never squeeze out a pimple, acne, or a blackhead. Squeezing and popping zits will only lead to eruptions and more trouble later on. Always cleanse, gently exfoliate and try to cure and heal.
Liver Detox and Acne
Many natural health experts also say that acne is connected to a slow liver. Our livers process our hormones, and you could try a liver and gallbladder flush, which can help remove blockages in the area that may be contributing to hormonal breakouts.
There are two schools of thought on this issue. While some people think you need to flush to get rid of the stones, others argue that they’re a side effect of not consuming enough healthy fats. They claim that once you change your diet they will dissolve.
Best Acne Product For Oily Skin
- Several over the counter products are available for oily skin acne that is both effective and does not cost a lot. Always ensure you check the chemical composition of the product before you buy them, and if you are not sure how your skin might react to some ingredients, check with a dermatologist.
- Choose a water-based sunscreen as against an oil-based one, and while choosing products to treat oily skin acne make sure they contain salicylic acid.
- If the acne is pus-filled and looks infected, use antibiotics prescribed by an expert or your doctor.
- Adult acne can cause scarring and these scars can be difficult to treat and heal. Some of the acne product for oily skin can also cause scarring if they are not well-suited with your skin type. Always wise to consult your doctor or a dermatologist before buying a new product even if it has proved to be effective among associates.
On a final note, if you are recovering from an illness, or making a major change in your diet or lifestyle, you are susceptible to adult acne. Change your diet. Cut excess fats and carbs and go for fresh salads and vegetables. It is likely that your oil/fat rich diet isn’t suitable for your skin.
If you recently changed the oil you use for cooking, it might also result in adult acne, and you should check out all possible causes before going in for an elaborate treatment plan.