A lot of people suffer from stress, insomnia, back pain, neck pain and joint pains from time to time as some others are almost terminal, hence the relevance of acupressure mat becomes vital in tackling that discomfort and pain.
These pains defy medication or the use of painkillers for relief. The need to get something which is natural and doesn’t affect your wellbeing in long run becomes necessary.
The availability of a lot of electronic gadgets which can aid in getting rid of these pains instantly abound, but their affordability is a major challenge. For instance, one of the major reasons for not buying an acupressure machine is its expensive price in the market.
What Does an Acupressure Mat Actually Do?
Acupressure mats work on contact with the user, when you walk, stand, or lie down on them on a flat surface; the spikes or points exert some of the pressure on your acupoints (also known as the “bed of nails” method). It is important to note that acupuncture machines are not suitable for several body types and are quite expensive depending on the product.
So what is the other natural substitute which might help you to recover from back aches and pains, joint pains and other body pains instantly? Well, the answer is not farfetched; acupressure mat is the answer for instant pain relief from back pain to other forms of pain in the body.
Acupressure mats are entirely natural and doesn’t cost you much to acquire and all you need is to just lie down on your acupressure mat 20 minutes and above each day. Using an acupressure mat for more than 20 minutes a day will help your body to recover from muscle pains and back pains.
How Does Acupressure Work?
Acupressure experts use their fingers, palms, elbows or feet or special devices to apply pressure to acupoints on the body’s highpoints. Sometimes, acupressure also encompasses stretching of the body or acupressure massage and other methods in other parts of the body.
During an acupressure session, you lie well clothed on a soft massage surface or table. The specialist mildly presses on acupressure points on your body for a while.
A session typically lasts about one hour or more, depending on the time available for both the expert and the client and also you may need numerous sessions for the best results.
The aim of acupressure or other forms of Asian bodywork is to return the body to health and balance state through the body’s networks of energy and to regulate opposite forces of yin (negative energy) and yang (positive energy).
Some supporters claim acupressure not only treats the energy networks and body but also the mind, emotions, and spirit of the individual. Some even believe that therapists can transfer the vital energy (external qi) to other people.
Western beliefs and practitioners do not believe that this is possible or even that these high points exist in the human body. Instead, they attribute results to other factors, such as reduced muscle tension, improved circulation of blood and oxygen or stimulation of endorphins, which are natural pain relievers in the body.
How to Use Acupressure Mats
People love using the acupressure mats on flat surfaces such as matrices, floors, chairs, beaches, or other places where they can spend some time for their daily massage and comfort.
Several people advocate using acupressure mats as soon as you wake up in the morning. They believe doing this will help in flushing out toxins and other toxic waste materials from your body.
It is recommended that drinking at least 24 ounces of water after lying on the mat might help your body to discharge the impurities throughout the day.
Some other guidelines on how to use acupressure mats on a daily basis include;
- Be mild when you use the mats on your face, stomach, and chest to avoid bruises.
- Use the acupressure mats on bare floors to increase the intensity of the Massage
- Breath well and deeply to adjust the mats initially.
- If the massage concentration is exceedingly painful, then try using the mat on a matrix or chair.
- Keep your skin unprotected to increase the amount of the Massage instantly.
- Use the acupressure mat for 25 – 35 minutes every morning and evening for fast relief of pains.
- Often times, the initial first 5 minutes are painful, so try to handle the pressure.
Some Important Facts about Acupressure Mats
There are numerous remarkable benefits of using acupressure mats in your daily life if you will have a pain free life. A lot of people have found acupressure mats to be remarkably beneficial for their family and friends and their wellbeing.
Unlike acupuncture, which involves inserting thin needles at various acupoints on the body, acupressure is noninvasive and relieves aches and pains by diffusing your energy through touch and pressure at the acupoints.
- Acupressure mats provide you a warm and relaxing feeling after the initial pains you might have.
- They provide immediate relief with more than 8000 acupressure points
- Works well for sore muscles with daily use and application.
- Improves the body metabolism and digestion for those having indigestion problems with regular use.
- Acupressure mats are cheap and will not break your savings.
- They are totally washable with water
- They don’t contain harmful plastic materials to harm your skin or cause some skin irritation
- They do not dispel bad odor after using it on hard dry surfaces.
- Acupressure mats might push you into tremendous sleep for hours mostly for those who pains prevent from having good sleep.
- Acupressure mats help in increasing the blood circulation, as the spikes are sharp.
- Yoga exercises can be performed on acupressure mats for additional benefits.
- Instant stress and pain relief within 20 minutes of use every day until the pains are gone.
Who Can Use Acupressure Mats
Acupressure mats have no age and gender restrictions as everyone can use them to achieve pain-free body. Anyone who needs instant relief from their back pains, joint pains, insomnia, and etc, can use these acupressure mats for immediate results, hence the following categories will need acupressure mats;
- People who suffer from body pains
- People who have pains in their lower hips, foot and any sensitive part of the body.
- People who suffer from prolonged low back pains.
- People who cannot sleep regularly because of stress or aches
- People who work extremely hard or involved in manual kind of work throughout the day.
- Sports people and other outdoor games that require physical energy and intensity.
- People who suffer from shoulder and neck pains
- People who trek, hike, run and actively participate in adventure sports.
- Pregnant women should not use acupressure mats for relaxing their body.
- You should not use the mat if you have cut wounds, sores or bruises on your skin
- Don’t use acupressure mats if you have sunburn, skin disorders, infections or cut wounds.
- Avoid using acupressure mats if you have a blood disorder or are using any anticoagulants.
After using the acupressure mats, your skin might be in pains initially, this pain is only but temporary and should not cause any panic and will not be that painful from subsequent sessions as you recover from pains in the body.