Your skin is your friend, since if you like your skin, then your skin will like you. Your skin protects you from the foreign elements and literally keeps you together as a being. You owe to do your best to protect it from any kind of damage.
You can actually make cleansing homemade face scrubs for blemished skin that are better than those that are commercially prepared. Homemade blemish-fighting facial scrubs are enriched with natural ingredients and are free from harmful chemicals, and you can use them to enjoy blemish-less skin that reflects youthfulness.
When you take care of your skin using natural remedies, chances are, your skin will repay you in kind for not simply ravaging it with strange chemicals, and your purse will probably thank you too.
The Following are Natural Remedies For Blemished Skin:
1. Apply some apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerhouse when it comes to acting as an acne remedy, because it has the ability to kill off the bacteria that may be causing all the trouble. It also becomes alkaline, and balances the pH of your skin, which in turn makes it harder for bacteria to survive. More still, apple cider vinegar is an astringent, like lemon juice, and will help dry up excess oil in your skin (but try not to overdo and dry out your skin too much, since this could cause the sebaceous glands overproduce to compensate, therefore triggering an outbreak).
- Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Fresh water
- Wash your face with water and dry.
- Using a ratio of 1:3 (1 part vinegar to 3 parts water), dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
- Allow on skin for at least 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Reapply several times in the day, washing face thoroughly after each time.
- Use a moisturizer afterwards as well if you feel like your skin getting dry.
2. Make a cinnamon and honey mask
The sticky Honey and the spicy cinnamon both seems like things you’d want to avoid getting near your skin. However, while it may sound strange, honey and cinnamon make an incredible combo when it comes to acne treatment. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties, so it help stop bacteria from getting out of hand, while the honey is a natural anti-biotic, ready and waiting to wipe the little pathogens.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- paper towels
- Rinse your face with water and dry.
- Thoroughly blend and mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together until they formed a sort of paste.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off completely, and dry your face with a towel.
- Since this is a sticky mixture, ensure you have some paper towels at on hand.
3. Milk and Honey (Or Yogurt)
While it may seem that dairy products are capable of causing acne, applied topically it seems that milk can improve your skin tone. The reason milk causes acne is because of the extra hormones in it, but unless it is ingested, this doesn’t really do much. For its part, it just soothes the irritated skin, and helps tone down the redness. You could also use yogurt instead. The acids in milk are antibacterial while the fat provides moisture, making it quite nourishing and great for skin.
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat or full-fat yogurt or milk, anything but skim
- 1 tablespoon of natural, raw, honey
- Allow yogurt or milk to attain room temperature.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk or yogurt thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture with a cotton pad. Also scooping it up and patting it on the skin works just fine as well.
- Let each layer dry before adding a new one, until you attain the thickness you want.
- Allow for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash mask off and use a washcloth to gently scrub in a circular motion, in order to get rid of loosened dead skin.
- Once you’re finished, moisturize as usual.
4. Whip up some ‘whites
Egg whites are easy and affordable mean to help reduce acne and fade scars left by blemishes. Egg whites are helpful for their skin because they are chock full of proteins and vitamins, both of which can combat acne, and help to rebuild the skin cells. They also soak up excess oil from the skin, which means less stuff for bacteria to feed on. Just ensure to use a good moisturizer afterwards, as they can dry your skin out a bit.
- 2 to 3 egg whites (separated from yolks)
- Rinse your face with water and dry.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- You can use as many as you like, but ideally, 2 to 3 is enough.
- Whisk the whites until they are frothy, and allow for a few minutes.
- Cover your face with the mixture, focusing on blemished spots.
- 3 to 4 layers is ok, but make sure to wait the first layer to dry before applying more.
- Allow the mask to sit and dry for about 20 minutes
- Rinse off completely with warm water and pat dry with a soft washcloth.
- Apply appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.
5. Oatmeal Face Scrub
Oatmeal is another good ingredient to make cleansing homemade face scrub for blemished skin. You can use either the cooked oats or uncooked oats to prepare homemade face scrub. You can prepare this easy facial scrub by mixing finely powdered oats with sufficient quantity of water. Oats is great in removing dead skin cells effectively, and it helps in smoothing, toning and hydrating the skin.
Directions: By gently scrubbing your face regularly with this mild scrub, it will gradually enable you to gain radiant and bright skin. Also, by mixing equal parts of oats and organic honey, you can make another fine homemade scrub. Mixing ground oatmeal with lemon juice and yogurt make another great homemade scrub recipe too.
6. Almond Face Scrub
Almonds are popular skin nourishing agents that work well as skin exfoliant. This scrub is good in fighting blemishes, and it works wonders in clearing clogged pores. When mixed with honey, the skin lightening properties of almonds assist in giving our skin a brighter tone, while the nourishing substances in honey makes the skin smooth and revitalized.
Also, the antibacterial, antimicrobial healing properties of honey help cure and treat blemished skin.
- Grind a handful of almonds coarsely
- Mix it with 2 tsp of honey.
- Apply it on face and gently massage in circular movements.
- Be cautious not to finely powder almonds, since granular form is the best to serve the exfoliation purpose.
7. Strawberries and Honey
Honey and strawberries makes a good home remedy for acne. Strawberries are high in salicylic acid, and salicylic acid is a primary ingredient in many commercial acne treatments. This acid encourages the epidermis to shed its cells more readily, opening up clogged pores, and helping to neutralize bacteria. It also shrinks up the pores a bit, preventing them from clogging up as much in the future, and encourages new cell growth. Honey on the other hand also works against bacteria that may be behind your acne, and is an anti-inflammatory on its own.
- 3 fresh strawberries, washed well
- 2 teaspoons of good honey-raw is best
- Wash your face with water and dry with towel.
- Clean 3 strawberries and mash them up well, taking care to avoid over mashing.
- Add the strawberries to two teaspoons of honey, and thoroughly blend them together.
- Apply to your face and allow the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
- Moisturize your skin to prevent drying out.
- Use twice a week for at least a month in order to get good result.